May 25-26, 2024
National Sports Center, Blaine, Minnesota
USA CUP Qualifier Minnesota (formerly NSC Cup Memorial Day Tournament) is open to all teams (club, intraclub, interclub and tournament teams) that participate in the 10U-19U age divisions and are registered and in good standing with their state and/or national association. Teams are accepted on a first-come first-serve basis. Join us for some great competition over Memorial Day Weekend. Events are sanctioned by partners Minnesota Youth Soccer Association (USYS) and Twin Cities Rush Soccer Club (US Club Soccer).
Teams do not need to participate in a Qualifier tournament to attend Target USA CUP. Teams can directly enter into that event.
- Tournament ranking committee will place teams into a flight that best fits the team’s competitive ability
- Tournament reserves the right to combine age groups, depending on the total number of teams in identified age divisions
- Teams will be notified prior to the tournament if groups are to be combined
- Age groups may be flighted to help parity of competition if a group exceeds eight teams.
Early Bird Rates.
- 10U 7v7 Competitive (7v7): $580
- 11U-12U (9v9): $630
- 13U-19U: $680
- Promo code EBMNQ24 must be entered at time of application in order to receive Early Bird Pricing.
- Pricing increases $50 after April 5.
- Refunds will not be issued. Teams dropping from the tournament prior to May 3 will receive a voucher in the amount of the team fee paid. The voucher is valid within one year of the event and can be used for the following NSC tournaments Using the voucher is based on availability and does not guarantee acceptance into the event.
- NSC College Showcase
- NSC Kickoff Challenge
- NSC Spring Cup
- NSC Cup-Memorial Day
- NSC Fall Cup
- NSC All American Cup
- Target USA CUP Weekend – Player Fees
- Target USA CUP Weeklong – Player Fees
Teams dropping from the tournament on or after May 3 will not receive a voucher
- Weather Cancellation Policy. If cancellation of the entire tournament occurs due to spring weather conditions, each team will receive a refund in the amount of the tournament fees or a voucher to be used at future NSC 2024 and 2025 events. This does not apply to weather delays, shortened, rescheduled games and/or cancellation of tournament games after the event has begun.
- Event Cancellation Policy. The following policy will be enacted IF an event hosted by the National Sports Center MUST be canceled by the directives of the State of Minnesota or the Minnesota Department of Health. Please know that our top priority on making decisions moving forward will be the safety and health of our players, coaches, referees, employees, and fans.
Team will receive a refund for your event entry. Team registration refunds will be processed at 100% of the registration total. Refunds will be credited to your account *Please note that if a team elects to drop prior to the event cancellation, the above refund policy will be in effect. This includes teams making their own decision to withdraw prior to the potential cancellation. If a customer (club, team, individual) is required to quarantine due to illness or exposure to the COVID-19 virus, and are unable to participate for this reason, a refund will not be issued unless done within the parameters of the existing policy.
- Played at the Round Rock Multipurpose Complex.
- Three-game guarantee
- World Cup groups, top teams advance to playoff round
- Game Lengths
- 10U – 50-minute games and finals
- 11U-12U 50-minute games; 60-minute finals
- 13U-14U 60-minute games, 70-minute finals
- 15U-19U 70-minute games, 80-minute finals
- Three-person referee system (13U-19U)
- 10U will play 7v7 format
- 11U-12U will play 9v9 format
- All teams should be prepared to play games starting Saturday after 8 a.m.
Each player who is on first or second place team will receive a medal and coach will receive a trophy.
Champions of the top division in each age group will also receive one of the following perks at 2024 Target USA CUP:
Teams are guaranteed entry into the 2024 Target USA CUP Weekend regardless of playing level.
Teams will receive a free team entry fee and pay a discounted player fee (the weekend player fee) for the weeklong event.
The rules for the Target USA CUP Qualifier Minnesota will be presented in PDF format for easy download and printing via the link below.
- 2023 NSC CUP Rules (2024 Rules Coming Soon!)
- In the 9U-11U age groups, when a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick (IFK) should be awarded to the opposing team from the spot of the offense. If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infringement occurred. Players should not be given a red card by heading the ball off of the goal line, this should be awarded with an indirect free kick as stated above.
- Glasses: It is recommend for those who wear glasses to wear a strap or sports-type glasses to participate in games. The referee has the authority to determine if the glasses can be worn.
- Casts: It is recommended for those who have a hard or soft cast to wrap it with bubble wrap and an ace bandage. Prior to the game check with the referee. The referee has the authority to determine if they can play with the cast.
- Print a PDF of the rules here
The NSC Fund For Play is the contribution and donation arm of the National Sports Center Foundation. We are dedicated to improving the lives of Minnesota residents by creating programs and initiatives that support a diverse and engaged community. If you would like to make a donation to improve the health, well-being, and outlook of participants through access to sports and healthy, safe environments, please click HERE.
Thank you for considering!